WNC is always in need of volunteer help with our many programs, and to operate our free store. Read below for current opportunities to volunteer for specific programs, or read more about Volunteering at our Store. It’s easy to sign up to volunteer at the store.
Does Your Group Need A Project?
Would your classroom, club, church, business or group like a service project that would help your community?
WNC has many opportunities for you to get involved. We know everyone enjoys helping others in our community but sometimes we just aren’t sure how to help out. Take a look at the list below for some ideas. Contact us and we can help with further ideas and details.
- Do a drive to collect toiletry items (toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, etc.) or cleaning supplies (glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, all purpose cleaner, etc.).
- Make kits for upcoming projects such as “Fun in the Sun” items or First Aid Kits. We’ll give you the list of what to include. Do the collections, purchasing and assembly.
- Host a car wash and donate profits to WNC.
- Host a bake sale and donating the profits to WNC- a great idea during garage sales. Donate a percentage of the money you raise during garage sales to WNC.
- Donate 10%, $1, or any amount from the sale of business services or items to WNC.
- Put out a “collection” jar at your local business so folks can easily donate to WNC.
- Hold a neighborhood party where guests bring items needed by WNC (e.g., diapers, toilet paper, laundry soap, shampoo, hand soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.).
- Create a neighborhood “carnival” and donating the profits to WNC.
These are some of the ideas that generous donors have used to help WNC fill the needs of many. You may have even more creative ideas. We welcome your creativity and your generous donations. Please contact us at 849.5740 if your group, family, or business would like to host an event to raise funds. We’d love to hear more!