Sad News to Share
It is with great sadness that I share the news that on Monday, March 31, 2014, Judy Percy, a WNC client, volunteer and friend, had a heart attack and died while doing what she loved to do best – serving others – at the WNC Store.
Judy was usually one of the first to arrive and the last to leave. She enjoyed her cup of coffee (several usually, as she’d forget where she put them). :o) She worked circles around most of us, and ingenuity was her middle name. Her touches are seen throughout the WNC Store and she was instrumental in the planning of many aspects of the new WNC community building. When recently told about the latest new tedious process of validating and valuating each incoming item for IRS purposes, Judy took it upon herself to set up a system to make it easy for our volunteers to track! In addition to volunteering at most every donation drop off time, Judy helped out on client shopping days, serving as a greeter, handing out bedding and doing whatever else was needed to make someone feel at home.
Her family would like to extend their thanks to the WNC family for their care and support of their mom and sister and would like to invite all to an informal gathering to share stories about Judy with one another at a memorial this Saturday, April 5, from 2-4pm at the Cress Funeral Home, Waunakee. Please wear Judy’s favorite color – orange. To honor their mom, they have requested donations be made to the WNC Guardian Fund – (Judy Percy) – WNC 215 S. Century Ave. #316, Waunakee 59597.
‘Miss Judy’ was a wonderful woman and a huge asset to our organization and will be truly missed by all of us!
WNC Executive Director
Capital Campaign in Full Swing
What Can You Do To Help?
Click here for the complete story and why we are raising funds.
Give a financial donation:
Use the Donation Button to the Left
• Fill out our WNC Capital Campaign Pledge Form (Click to download) and send it to:
• Become a recurring donor by giving a specified amount monthly, quarterly, or yearly.
• Secure a matching gift at work.
• Transfer a gift of stock.
• Consider a planned gift or a legacy gift.
• Make an in-kind donation.
Things you can do to get involved:
• Hosting a WNC Capital Campaign event with your friends and neighbors.
• Organizing a WNC Capital Campaign event for your service group, professional or civic organization, church, or place of employment.
• Inviting a WNC representative to speak to your group.
• Helping out at a WNC Capital Campaign event.
• Volunteering your time with the WNC Capital Campaign.
Volunteer with WNC
You can reach out to your neighbors in need by helping out families in our free store on “shopping” days or just keep the store beautiful and well-stocked while working with our fun family of volunteers. We have many times and dates to choose from. Click the box below to help at the store on the dates and times that fit with your schedule and please forward this sign-up on to other friends and neighbors you think may be interested in joining us. At the WNC store, kids 10 and up are welcome to help too (14 and under should be accompanied by an adult)! Sign them up in the “youth volunteer” slots.